TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: 9th December 2014
Application and entire agreement
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (you) from
dhxsoft limited a company registered in England and Wales under number 7351430 whose registered office is at 1 High Street, Guildford, Surrey , GU2 4HP
(we or us).
- These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
- These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A "business day" means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
- "Software" and "Staff Leave Planner" are used interchangeably to refer to the product.
- The description of the Goods is set out in our sales documentation, unless expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representations about the Goods by us. Descriptions of the Goods set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
- We can make any changes to the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
- The price (Price) of the Goods is set out in our quotation current at the date of your order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- If the cost of the Goods to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or changes to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery.
- Any increase in the Price under the clause above will only take place after we have told you about it.
- You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
- The Price is inclusive of fees for packaging and transportation / delivery. All products are delivered electronically via e-mail.
- The Price is inclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority. At present, dhxsoft limited is not currently liable for VAT as it does not meet the minimum sales threshold.
Cancellation and alteration
- Details of the Goods as described in the clause above (Goods) and set out in our sales documentation are subject to alteration without notice and are not a contractual offer to sell the Goods which is capable of acceptance.
- The quotation (including any non-standard price negotiated in accordance with the clause on Price (above)) is valid for a period of
14 days only from the date shown in it unless expressly withdrawn by us at an earlier time.
- Either of us can cancel the order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
- Purchases made through our website will result in payment being taken immediately from your account.
- Purchases made through an invoice will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- We will invoice you for the Price on or at any time after delivery of the Goods
- All software delivered with the invoice will have a minimum save limit of 30 times which will be removed upon final receipt of payment.
- You must pay the Price within 30 days of the date of our invoice or otherwise according to any credit terms agreed between us.
- Time for payment will be of the essence of the Contract between us and you.
- All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
- Both parties must pay all amounts due under these Terms and Conditions in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither party is entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
- Delivery of the software will be electronic via the e-mail address supplied during checkout.
- We take no responisibility for delays and/or losses incurred by an incomplete delivery to your e-mail address.
- Once payment has been made all purchases are deemed to be final. You must ensure that the software is suitable for purpose prior to purchasing the planner. A 30 day evaluation copy of the software can be obtained from our website for this purpose.
- Any application for refunds must be made within 14 days of purchase and are at the discretion of dhxsoft limited.
Staff Leave Planner Specific Conditions
- The Staff Leave Planner will be provided with the calendar dates specified on the product description and confirmed by you during the checkout process.
- The Staff Leave Planner will be provided with rows to accomodate the number of employees specified on the product description and confirmed by you during the checkout process.
- The Staff Leave Planner is a Microsoft Excel workbook. The VBA, Workbook and Worksheets will remain password protected and the intellectual property rights of dhxsoft limited. All functionality of the software is available to you without needing to unprotect these items.
- Any increases to the number of employees available on the planner after purchase may be subject to an Administration fee alongside a charge for the additional number of employees.
- We can terminate the sale of Goods under the Contract where:
- you commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- you are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
- you enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with your creditors; or
- you convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part thereof, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability under the Contract, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort, misrepresentation or otherwise will be limited to this clause.
- Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we do not deliver the Goods, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods.
- Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable by you.
- We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with the Goods, for:
- any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
- any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third party claims; and/or
- any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; and/or
- any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach by you in relation to your obligations; and/or
- any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods supplied.
- The exclusions of liability contained within this clause will not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
- Notices will be deemed to have been duly given:
- when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.